Fall is officially on the way. It's time to start pulling out the much beloved sweatshirts and flannel PJ's. Oh, I love the fall - the cooler temperatures, the leaves changing, fires in the fireplace and big fluffy blankets on the bed!
We had a great time this past weekend at the soccer tournament. The boys did well. I think they had lost all of their energy by Sunday as they didn't really seem to have the get up and go to win their last game. But that's ok. That meant we got home around 9 PM Sunday night instead of 2 or 3 in the morning on Monday. The boys wanted to go the Har.d Ro.ck Cafe on Saturday night in New Orleans. We hadn't been to New Orleans since Hurricane Katrina. We of course took the new causeway which put us on the wrong side of town from where we wanted to be. We stopped and asked for directions for the Quarter and a local told us to get of on the Loyola exit. Well I have news for him. There is NO Loyola exit from I-10. So we turn around and Elysian Fields. Take a right. WRONG!! The devastation of Katrina is still very evident in the streets of New Orleans. We finally got turned in the right direction and made it to the Quarter. We had a great dinner at the Har.d Ro.ck. Tyler's friend Hunter had never been to one - so it was exciting to see it through his eyes. We strolled up to Cafe Du.Monde and made a loop around Jefferson Square. Saw a few of the great characters that make up New Orleans - like the man with the Glass Harmonica and the many tarot readers and the homeless settling in the for the night. Oh and we got a little alcohol education in for the boys. We got to show them what alcohol does for your equilibrium while trying to walk. We were following this couple back to the parking lot and Tyler noticed that the man was walking king of funny. He asked what was wrong with him as the man bumped into the store fronts and weaved his way down the side walk. I explained that this is what alcohol does to your brain. It makes you think that you are walking just fine when in reality you look like a drunken fool in the Quarter. The boys were slightly amused at the site and swore they would never drink. So we'll see if that happens. LOL.
Back to the usual grind on Monday and Tuesday. Vicky still having ups and downs with the all day sickness. We had scheduled our OB appt for this Wednesday because I was off work. Well when I went in to work on Monday, I looked at the new schedule that was posted as our Specialty Coordinator had been making some changes. We just merged floors with the Telemetry staff so some changes had to be made in the staffing arena. I noticed that I was scheduled for Wednesday - told the Coordinator that I was glad I looked or otherwise I wouldn't have been there. Well when I got home reposting my schedule for the family - it was then that I realized - the OB appointment. What was I to do? So all day Tuesday I tried to get another nurse to switch with me. She left me hanging all day and promised she would call me Tuesday night if she wanted to work. She didn't call. So I got to go to work on Wednesday while Vicky went to the appointment alone. I was so disappointed because we were supposed to hear the heartbeat for the first time on this visit.
Vicky went to the OB. Had a great appointment. She lost the two pounds that she had gained. So the doctor gave her another prescription for the phenergan to help try to keep the morning sickness at bay. They did the doppler. Vicky called me soon after the appointment and told me "I heard your baby today". She filled me in on all of the details. I kept asking her what the heart rate was - she kept holding out on me. Ugh!! For the past week or so I have been trying to guess the sex of the baby based on old wives tales and her symptoms. (another thing to obsess about after the two week wait! LOL!!) Finally, she told me... The heart rate was 160. She said it was nice and strong and the best sound that she ever heard. So now she wants to go out and get a doppler so we can hear it at home. So based on all of her symptoms and the facts - I am strongly leaning towards a pink pregnancy!!! I am so excited.
One more week until the Second Trimester. I can't believe we are this far already!
Until next time....
Friday, October 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I was born and raised in the New Orleans area. (I moved to New England 7 years ago.) (My mom just moved here this year because of Katrina. She lived in St Bernard parish.)
Anyway, I don't remember knowing you were near NOLA. YAY for another hometown girl! (Jacki has also lived there.)
Finally, I have a gmail account and can comment directly now! Glad to hear that ya'll are doing better now. Thinking of you! -Angie
Sounds like you had a good weekend! I'm soooo sorry you weren't able to make it to the appt. How disappointing. I hope you're able to get a Doppler and hear the heartbeat. Glad everything sounds good!
Post a Comment