I turned over in bed this morning not waking to an alarm clock and gazed at my beautiful partner in a soft slumber. It was about 8:30. It has been over a month since we both got to sleep in on a Saturday together. Usually I work every other weekend and the other weekends we have had plans for the last month or so going to showers or visiting family before Vic can no longer travel to far away from home or going to soccer tournaments out of town.
So as I lay there listening to the soft snore to my left, I begin to think about future Saturday mornings. This will probably be the last Saturday morning that we can just lay here and do absolutely nothing for the next 8-10 years. So I ease from the bed and make a fresh pot of coffee then ease right back in trying not to wake her. I figure she has just gotten into a perfect position to finally get some rest. Over the last week she can't get comfortable in the bed for an extended period of time. She turns form one side to the other. Gets up and sits in the rocker for an hour. Tries to come back to bed and find that perfect position. She usually doesn't find the golden position until about 4-5 AM.
I close my eyes and drift back to sleep daydreaming of future Saturday mornings to come. We anxiously await the soft cries of need from our little one. The need to be changed, fed and loved. Even though this Saturday is one of our last, we can't wait to start our new Saturdays filled with milk, diapers, baby songs, blankets, toys, and the wonderful smell of baby.
Until next time...
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Nothing better than that smell . . . and those mornings when you pull lil'bit into bed with you and you all snuggle together. Man I want those days too.
Wishing you many cozy mornings to come.
Awww, so sweet. :) Like Lovey said, soon all 3 of you will be snuggling together...what an awesome feeling! :)
What a wonderful way to wake up. Your vision of future Saturdays sounds lovely. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
You're right, Saturday mornings will never be the same, they will be so much better!
First a cooing smiley baby in the bed next to you, to a toddler crawling in bed with you and lifting your eyelids to see if you're awake, to a 5 year old jumping on the bed wanting you to watch cartoons with them........
Enjoy and cherish every moment, 18 years from now it will seem like just a few blinks of an eye since you wrote this post!
Post a Comment