Saturday, December 22, 2007

Halfway

Today marks the day of the halfway point of this incredible journey. I often sit back and think - this time next year in addition to getting us packed up and ready to go and see our Mom's for Christmas that we will be packing for our new little one. What incredible changes we are about to encounter over the next several months.

I am thankful and feel blessed to be able to raise a child with a women that I love, adore and admire. I am ready for the challenges that await us as parents of a newborn and a daughter of two moms. We have already had a taste of raising a child in a untraditional family. We pride ourselves in raising Tyler as an open minded young man. The joy you feel when his friends talk or ask about his moms and his reply is "Which one? I have two!" He is very open about our family dynamics to all of his friends and their families. What is priceless is the look on Vicky's face when he calls her Mom. I love these two people in my life more than anything else in the world. They both make me proud.

I am also thankful that both mine and Vicky's families have shown nothing but support and love for our relationship from the beginning. It is truly a blessing to know that your family loves you unconditionally without hesitation. Their confidence in us only strengthens our relationship.

Well I better stop for now because I am sure to win the Vel.veeta cheese award for the day! ~grin~ I need to go a wake my Angel so that we can get on the road.

Until next time...

2 comments:

twondra said...

Awww, so sweet! I'm so happy for you! Have a great Christmas!

RainbowMomma said...

WOW! I can't believe you're halfway there! What a sweet post. I'm so happy things are going so wonderfully for you girls! Take care and have a great Christmas.