Sunday, June 8, 2008

6 weeks...Transitions

Finally! A long awaited update from our family. We have been busy with all of our extended families over the last month as they all came to meet our darling Darby. They came from as far as Virginia and Florida. We enjoyed each and every minute of their visits.


The "E" Family

Dozing with Aunt Angie


Darby has truly started to blossom over the last few weeks. We had our one month visit with the pediatrician. She is gaining weight and length as expected. She weighed in at 7 pounds and 14 ounces and measured 21 inches long. At one month she was tolerating her feedings well 4 ounces at a time. She has seemed to grow out of her colicky/gassy episodes that she was experiencing around 2-4 weeks.



We made our first road trip to Grandma's. Darby did really well on the ride although she was fussy from an upset stomach as Great Granny decided when feeding her that she didn't need to burp until after Darby ate the entire four ounces of her bottle. Boy - was she miserable!

I think I'm going to explode!


Transitions... We are going through several at the moment. Vicky starts back to work on Tuesday. She is really having a hard time with this. We found a child care center near both of our workplaces. Darby will only be going twice a week while I am working at the hospital. It is a very nice place and we'll see how it goes.


Darby is also moving into bigger clothes. She is finally growing out of her newborn digs and starting to wear her 3 month wardrobe.


She is also starting to sleep for longer periods of time. I stumbled across a book at the bookstore on sleep patterns for babies. It is wonderful and I kick myself for not finding it sooner. It's called The 90 Minute Sleep Program. I highly recommend it. It is based on babies natural internal biorhythms. We have been using it for the last 4-5 days. Darby has gone to sleeping from 3-4 hours periods at night to 5-6 hours. She is less fussy and more social during her awake times. She is awake during her feedings so we are not having to try to calm a crying baby to eat or try to stimulate her to wake up to eat. It has brought calmness and a certain amount of predictability to our home which is nice. Vicky and I can also have a hot dinner together without the baby waking up and us taking turns holding her.

Going to Grandma's House



Well that about sums it up for now. More to come soon - I have a great story to tell about our O.live Gard.en outing this weekend with my mom. Much love to everybody.

3 comments:

B said...

She's beautiful! She looks a little p.o.'d about being in a car seat though! : ) Glad you guys are enjoying each other so much.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby! I am glad to hear that you are all doing well and adjusting to baby life. I had been wathcing for an update.
Can't wait to hear more!

twondra said...

Awww, she's soooo precious! Thanks for sharing the pictures! Can't wait to hear about the Olive Garden!